Friday, August 30, 2013

Unrecipe: Glazed Pork Chops

As I'm still on vacation at this point, I thought I'd post something I've been meaning to write about all month.  I kind of stumbled upon a fun way to make pork chops the other day that was super yummy, but it's so simple that I couldn't exactly call it a recipe.  So I'm calling it an unrecipe.


Basically what I did was I fried up some pork chops in butter, with salt and pepper, in my cast iron skillet until they were done, and then placed them on a plate and put them off to the side.  Then I mixed up some low sugar peach jam (home made!), about 1/4 cup, a tbsp or two of vinegar, and an equal amount of homemade ginger beer (I used this because we didn't have any white wine, lol).  I put it in the hot skillet with all the pork drippings, on low heat, and stirred until it became slightly thickened.  Once thick, I put the pork chops back in the pan and flipped until well coated and until the pork was nice and warm again. 

Then I just served with another unrecipe of mine!  Frozen green peas, with a little bacon grease, a dash of smoked sea salt, and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.  Mmm!  It's amazing how awesome meat and veggies can be.

1 comment: