Friday, August 16, 2013

Vacation

For the last three years, Chad and I have been renting a rustic cabin in the Allegheny National Forest in Pennsylvania for a week and just chilling out in the woods.  It's been the best thing for us; we get a chance to be alone, with no pressing responsibilities, no work, no family stress.  Just trees, grass, blue skies, sunshine, and each other. 

Our next vacation is coming up soon.  We'll be leaving the 25th of August, and coming home before Labor day weekend.  That's the quietest time to take a vacation; kids are back in school, and it's not a holiday, so there's usually only a few other people in the campground. 

I can really feel the need to get away already.  I've been ready to go for a couple of weeks now.  This next week of waiting is going to be so hard!  There's nothing so refreshing as spending time with my beloved Mother Nature.  Hearing the crickets, exploring wooded trails, basking in the sunshine, sitting around the campfire, and having nothing more pressing going on than needing to fry some steaks on the grill.  OMG I can't wait!!! 

I guess I'll have to just satisfy myself with some pictures from the last two years.

Our cute little cabin

Grasshopper!

Chad in the early morning, running.

Pennsylvania hills.

A pretty little creek in the valley.

Asters :)

Chad climbing one of PA's many huge rocks.

A quiet wooded creek.

Chad sitting near the creek.

Sunlit ferns.

Full moon on a quiet night.
So if I don't post much in the next two weeks, I'm not dead or sick.  I'm getting ready for another blessed week in my favorite place in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. It looks and sounds like perfection!!! I'm so excited for you! I'd go there in a heartbeat, too!

    Have fun!!! (I know you will.)

    ReplyDelete