Monday, March 14, 2016

Totally Not Dead

I haven't posted in two weeks, for shame!  It feels weird not writing in my blog; I kind of got used to it there.  I don't get many comments, but somehow it still makes me feel connected.  At least I know my thoughts and ideas get out there in the world a little bit.

Part of the reason I've been away is because I was unwell for a week, unhappily riding the couch.  I had the weird infection in my face again, brought on I'm sure by excess stress and sugar.  You know how sometimes when you drink too much and get a really bad hang over, and then you never want to touch alcohol again?  I wish I would get that feeling with sugar.  That would make it easier to give it up.  Ugh.

The other reason I've been away is because I've been busy sewing!  Which is much nicer than being sick.  I've decided to start selling some quilts on my Etsy account.  If I actually manage to sell any, it'll be great!  That way I can quilt and not have an oversupply of blankets (we're already at about 10 for two people, which I think is a bit much.  The situation isn't helped by the fact that my mother-in-law also quilts).  I really enjoyed working on the first one I made for sale, I'm just having trouble getting good pictures of it to put in my shop.  I have to get unlazy and get a good light setup for it sometime.

So here's some bad pictures of the quilt I made.



Here's a cute little mini quilt I made too.  Also a not very good photo.


So now we're all caught up and maybe I can get back to posting more regularly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment