Sunday, March 10, 2013

No S Diet Progress

I started eating a low carb version of the No S Diet about two weeks ago, in an attempt to stop my in-between-meal hunger and the snacking that followed.  So I thought it would be a great time for an update.

Just to recap, on the No S Diet, you basically just eat three square meals a day with no snacks, no sweets, and no seconds.  The first two days I was on the diet, I decided to pretty much stuff myself at meal times in hopes that it would help get me through to the next meal.  For the most part, that worked, but I did still feel a little hunger.  Also, I realized that eating that much actually gave me unnatural amounts of energy and made me incredibly hot (which sounds great, but actually having a ton of energy you don't know how to use can be uncomfortable).  So by the third day, I decided to tone it down a bit and eat what I would have normally eaten anyway. 

The results?  By the third day, my in-between-meals hunger had completely gone away, and I'm not eating any more at meal times than I was before.  I'm completely amazed at how quickly my body was able to adjust to only getting food at meal times.  I did backslide on the day of and the day after Chad and I did the Reese's portion of our N=2 experiment.  Eating so much sugar made me so hungry that night, and even the day after, I had those same in-between-meals pangs that I used to get.  But by the next day, I was good to go again. 

I'm really curious to see if this will affect my weight.  I've actually put on weight since I started, but I know from experience that that's just a normal part of my menstrual cycle and it'll go away in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment