Friday, January 10, 2014

Resolution

I know it's a little late for this, but I suppose I've always been a bit of a procrastinator.  I don't generally believe that New Year's resolutions are a good idea; I think most people make the wrong resolutions for the wrong reasons. As someone who's almost 30, I can say I can't honestly remember ever making a sincere resolution in my life. 

I do want to make a resolution of sorts this year, though.  It's not weight related, even though I did put on some holiday pounds.  It's not money related, despite the fact that I spent a little too much on new gadgets recently.  And believe it or not, it's not even love related (Chad and I are still quite happy).  No, my resolution this year is much simpler, though perhaps a little harder for me to achieve than any of those other ones.

I resolve to do what I believe is best for me no matter what others think; and if I come up against someone who's trying to sway my beliefs, I'm going to thank them for their time and move on.  This has always been a big problem with me.  When it comes to my health or happiness, I let people influence what I think.  I feel embarrassed to challenge them when they tell me that my way isn't the right way, and I begin to believe that I must be wrong.  But just because what they say is right for them doesn't mean it's right for me.  There's only one person in this world that knows what's right for me, and that's me.

And besides, if I don't stick up for myself, I'm never going to be able to trust my own instincts. 

Happy New Year, everyone!  I know 2014 is going to be great.  I've been so touched with the number of people leaving comments recently asking for me to start posting again or just making sure I'm ok...  what a great group of readers I have!  Now that Christmas is over and I can focus on my garden and my diet again, I hope to start really posting more frequently.

2 comments:

  1. W00t! Welcome back ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never worry about what others think - do what is right and soon you will change their thinking. That's what I do! I don't even mention what I do now but if someone asks then game on, I tell them :)

    ReplyDelete